Watch The Video By Clicking Here

Friday, February 10, 2017

High School English 1977

Word list:
recollect, compelled, retort, restraint, irrelevant, aspiration, seasonable, refiner, dispelled, pertinent, insinuating, concur, initiative, imparting, facilitate.

Assignment:
Use all of the words in a story.

My freshman attempt at being clever:
 I recollect a long time ago, when I was compelled to stay after school. My teacher told me to sit down, I answered with a retort. I should have restraint myself because sitting down is irrelevant. After school I had to write a composition on what I wanted to be. I wrote that my aspiration was to become a seasonable fruit refiner. Later that night I broke into school and dispelled her pertinent papers down the hall. Next morning when I went to school my teacher kept insinuating  that I broke in the school, but of course I didn't concur with her. Finally I took initiative and told her she was not  imparting good knowledge to the students. When I got home I got some ice to facilitate the black eye I got when she threw a book at me.

Really?:
Restraint does not equal Restrained
Dispelled papers...not so much.
Ice does not facilitate black eyes, but I think you see what I was going for there.

I could go on, but I think I'll just sit in the corner for a while.





A for effort?





No comments:

Post a Comment